About Strada Music
Strada Music Agency
“For the best in Folk, Blues, Acoustic, Americana, and World music: Worldwide”
Strada Music represents some of the most established names in the Folk, Roots, World, Jazz & Americana genres, as well as providing a wealth of other services such as event/venue programming, festival organisation, special projects & consultancy.
With a wealth of experience in many different fields in the music business, Strada is well positioned to offer an experienced & knowledgeable service to its roster of quality artists and the promoters it works with.
With the advent of the Coronavirus pandemic from March 2020 onwards, all of the staff at Strada now work from home. They have regular weekly on-line meetings and share on-line IT resources which has resulted in big financial savings for the company and more efficient ways of working. Due to reduced travel and office heating costs, the company’s carbon footprint is considerably reduced.
The Development of STRADA Music
Strada Music was formed in 2016 as a result of a merger of the Adastra & Regent Music agencies.
- Chris Wade founded the Adastra agency in 1987 which was previously Britain’s foremost agency for Folk, Roots, World and Acoustic music, also recognised for starting & developing the well-established Beverley Folk Festival (cap.2500).
- Phil Simpson, set up Regent Music in 2012 and went on to merge with GPS Music (started by Graham Smout in 2010).
- In 2021 Phil left Strada to work in his own agency business, Nearfield Artists. Strada still maintains a strong links with Phil.
- Also in 2021, Martin Pierson retired from his administrator role at Strada, leaving a huge gap in the company
- Mark Kelly, one of the Strada agents, became the new partner in the company. Mark’s experience at promoting, agenting and artists’ management goes back many years, making him perfect for his new role.
- Following Phil’s departure 3 new members of staff: Agents James Nicholls & Stuart Hardy joined the company and Liz Lenten became administrator filling the gap caused by Martin Pierson’s retirement.
Strada Music: Member #994 The Entertainment Agents Association (Great Britain)