Strada Music – Sustainability Statement
Strada Music LLP aims to be an environmentally responsible company. Our Sustainability Statement outlines our sustainable objectives & responsibilities.
- Our Agents Responsibilities
Our agents will work to achieve the following:
- REDUCE PRINT
- Stop producing unnecessary printed material within the agency wherever possible. We’re aiming towards ZERO use of print within the office and for event / artist publicity.
- Use digital means to back up documents (Network Backup Drive/ Dropbox/ Cloud systems).
- We will include a “Please do not print this email.” reminder to all outgoing messages & emails.
- MANAGE SUSTAINABLE TOURING
- Use our Overture booking system to efficiently reduce the need for non renewable resources.
- We plan tours using good, economical routin.g We will book shows in a logical, geographical sequence wherever possible.– Aim to cut down on miles travelled by artists
- We will give routing more future emphasis than we have done in the past.
- Add “STRADA MUSIC Supports Sustainable Touring” reminder to all outgoing messages & emails
- REDUCE HIGH CARBON ENERGY USE
- We will use a renewable green energy supplier or tariff for our home-offices. (e.g. Octopus Energy)
- We use 34SP Ltd as our ISP (internet service provider) a company with sustainable / green credentials. (https://www.34sp.com/sustainable-hosting)
- REDUCE BUSINESS TRAVEL
- we hold virtual meetings & phone calls rather than face to face meetings. (Zoom/ WhatsApp)
- When travel to meetings or events is necessary we will use Public Transport if possible. (Trains use 70% less than private car.)
- Prioritise greener venues – ask venues about their own environmental policies.
- Sign up to https://www.musicclimatepact.com
- Agents Supporting Artists
We ask that our artists show a commitment to reducing the damaging impact on the environment of live music events of all kinds.
- Provide links on our website to resources that artists can use to improve sustainability. (Julie’s Bicycle)
- Support the artists travel plans in reducing climate impact:
- Encourage artist use of vehicles with the lowest CO2 emissions. Electric cars, low CO2 vans etc.
- encourage driving at a lower speed to save fuel cutting cost and CO2
- encourage & support those artists using public transport where practical.
- Help artists to publish riders that:
- specify no plastic water bottles
- cut down on wasteful & excessive riders, especially luxury foods and foods with excessive air miles.
- Provide Carbon offset examples / opportunities for artists
- Assist and Encourage – Artists to source sustainable merchandise
- Agents Supporting Venues, Festivals & organisers
Strada Supports Venues, Events and Festivals who are committed to:
- REDUCING CARBON INTENSIVE TRAVEL
- Encouraging low carbon travel by audiences, e.g. city events & town centres with good access to public transport.
- Smaller scale venues, festivals and events that are rural, so that audiences do not have to travel long distances to events.
- Offering audiences ticket price concessions for travel by foot, bike or public transport.
- REDUCING ENERGY
- Reducing energy consumption by using low energy stage equipment, lighting amplification, insulation and heating.
- Using an energy supplier that supplies renewable energy.
- Generating their own renewable energy for use at events (Solar/ Wind/ Kinetic )
- PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT
- Encouraging / Support use of paperless tickets
- Using digital marketing in preference to print.
- Having a policy of responsible non-wasteful use of print when it is used
- Reducing and recycling all waste at the event / venue.
- Having an strong environmental policy in all areas
Links & Resources
Links to resources that artists and events may find helpful in their own quest to become more environmentally sustainable.
Eco Age Consultancy
Music Declares Emergency